Lott Oil Company had its origins in the early 1960’s when the late Luther Lott, Sr. left Cities Service Corporation and moved his family to Natchitoches, and opened his distributorship. Since then, the company has grown from a single truck and two employees to one of the larger energy supply companies in Louisiana. Luther’s son, Luther W. “Buddy” Lott, Jr., started as a driver with the company while still in high school, but soon took over the day-to-day operations and has served as president of the company since its incorporation in 1979. Buddy served on the Louisiana Oil Marketer’s and Convenience Store Operator’s Association for a number of years, including a term as its president. He’s a current member of the Chevron Texaco National Distributor Advisory Council, and previously served on the Mobil Distributor Advisory Board as well.
Lott Oil Company is comprised of well diversified but complimentary business units: Lott Oil, which is the commercial, industrial, and wholesale component; and Shop-A-Lott Stores, the retail, convenience store, and truck stop unit (See links above to Shop-A-Lott stores for locations and information).
Lott Oil Company’s Commercial Business Unit is headquartered in Natchitoches, Louisiana. Located at 1855 South Drive, the company has bulk storage capacity for fuels and lubricants totaling nearly 500,000 gallons, and thousands more in drum and package capacity. Additionally, two CPA’s oversee a staff responsible for ordering, logistics, accounts payable and receivable, safety, and human resources. Lott Oil maintains a constant self-improvement cycle to remain a “best in class” organization. In addition to the home office in Natchitoches, the company maintains satellite offices, warehouses, and bulk plants in Alexandria, Bossier City, Leesville, Mansura, Many, and Monroe, so that approximately every 50 miles across north and central Louisiana, customers have access to local service and delivery.